WARE COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL GOLDEN GATOR MARCHING BAND
- Congrats to all our graduating seniors! Best of luck in your future endeavors!
- Congratulations to the Advanced Symphonic band on their Superior ratings at state LGPE!
- Congratulations to the Concert/Symphonic Band and Advanced Symphonic band on their Superior ratings at Band Festival! The Advanced Symphonic Band will now move on to State LGPE!
- Congratulations Symon Boyd for being selected for the District 8 Jazz Honor Band!
- The WCHS Band hosted the Sound of Gold Marching Competition on October 26th and it was a beautiful day of exceptional music. Congratulations to all the participating bands for their wonderful performances. See you again next year!
- The Golden Gator Marching Band received straight superior ratings at the Coffee Marching Invitational and also placed Best in Class, Best in Division, 1st runner-up overall, and Best in Contest for Marching and Maneuvering. Congratulations on a great performance!
- The Golden Gator Band received Superior ratings at the Oconee Classic! Congrats to drum majors for placing 2nd overall in the contest!
THINGS TO REMEMBER FOR BAND PRACTICE:
- Make sure you drink plenty of water before practice and while at practice. It is important to stay hydrated. Bring a bottle of water to practice. Gatorade and other sports drinks are good, but water is always the best, no sodas! Water reservoir back packs are extremely popular and these work great. You can wear the back pack while rehearsing and have easy access to water at all times.
- Auxiliaries make sure to bring a towel. We will sit on the towels when we stretch in the mornings outside.
- Make sure you that you eat a healthy breakfast and lunch throughout the day. Greasy items can make you feel sick after being in the heat all day. Definitely DO NOT skip meals. You must eat something before enduring the heat.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen. You want to be protected!
- Please wear cool clothes. Sunglasses and other summer items are accepted to help protect you from the heat.